The following recruitment closes November 19, 2017
Legal Secretary – Child & Family Support Division
There is an immediate opening for two Legal Secretary positions to work in the Child and Family Support Division. These positions are located in Ogden and are open to the public.
Incumbents in this job perform a variety of legal secretarial duties such as preparing legal documents, scheduling trial calendars, collecting and organizing data and exhibits in connection with litigation and providing other related support to Attorneys and/or Legal Assistants as needed to expedite legal services in a state agency.
Legal Secretary Trainee
This is a trainee job in which the incumbents acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to attain the working level of Legal Secretary. Incumbents receive specific instructions for completion of legal secretary duties from legal secretaries, legal assistants and/or attorneys. Work is closely monitored and reviewed for accuracy and completeness. Incumbents must have excellent secretarial skills, but need not have specific legal secretarial knowledge, skills and abilities.
Example of Duties:
- Types and prepares reports or other written materials from source documents, transcription, etc.
- Prepare and/or process documents; review for accuracy and completeness; update information and/or evaluate against policy; compare elements for consistency or logical relationships, etc.
- Edits written material for accuracy, format, and arrangement of material.
- Files documents with courts and assists in trial preparation.
- Collects data and reviews research materials, determines accuracy and validity of sources and appropriateness for use.
- Maintains calendars; schedules and coordinates appointments.
- Writes or drafts correspondence, reports, documents and/or other written materials.
- Receives calls and/or greets visitors, takes and relays messages, responds to requests for information; provides information or directs caller/visitor to appropriate individual.
- Maintains and/or creates files or record keeping systems. Sorts, labels, files and retrieves documents, or other materials.
For more information and to apply for the position, please go to the Utah state jobs website at www.statejobs.utah.gov, recruitment number 14040. The deadline for applying is November 19, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. No phone calls please. The Office of the Attorney General is an equal opportunity employer. Security background checks are completed as a condition of employment.