October 23, 2019
Mark your calendars for Utah Take Back Day on Saturday, October 26th from 10AM to 2PM across the state.
Sponsored by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Take Back Day provides the opportunity to safely and anonymously dispose of unused and expired prescriptions. When unused prescriptions are left in the house, you can unintentionally become a dealer. Appropriate disposal of prescriptions prevents any misuse of these medications.
Find the closest disposal box to you here: http://utahtakeback.org/.
The following items can be returned:
- prescription medicines;
- over the counter medicines;
- pet medication;
- medicated ointments and lotions;
- liquid medicines in glass or leak-proof containers (up to 12 oz); and
- medicine samples.
The following items are not returnable:
- needles, lancets, or syringes;
- aerosol cans;
- empty containers;
- bloody or infectious waste;
- personal care products (i.e. non-medicated shampoo);
- hydrogen peroxide; and
- business waste.
For advice on the safe disposal of these items, contact your pharmacist, local health department, or call 1-800-RECYCLE (1-800-732-9235).